Notifications are messages that the computer displays when there is important information from an application that needs your attention. Generally, notifications are very valuable. But sometimes, they can be unnecessary and distracting. In this video, see how to enable and disable notifications for specific applications.
- [Instructor] In the near future,…it will probably be common to interact…with 3D images on our computers.…Eventually we may be using 3D objects…in virtual reality space or printing them with 3D printers.…But first, you need to be able to create 3D objects.…And one way to get started creating 3D art work is…by using Paint 3D, another application…that comes bundled with Windows.…We can find that of course by going to the Start menu,…going through the list of applications,…and click on Paint 3D here.…Paint 3D is sort of an upgraded version of Microsoft Paint…and it really is the 3D version of that.…
We're not able to cover the entire application here,…but I can show you the tools to get you started.…I'm going to click on New here to create a new composition.…And I'm starting with an empty canvas here…and there is a series of buttons across the top here…for the different sections of the application.…It's going to start me by default in the two-dimensional…paint section which works like the paint tools…in the old Microsoft Paint application.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.