This video demonstrates how to format a disk or disk partition to the NTFS format.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] In this movie,…I demonstrate how to convert your drives to the NTFS format.…Now there are many reasons why you want to format a drive…to the NTFS format from the FAT32 system.…Some of the techniques that I'll be covering in this course…can only be used with drives formatted to NTFS.…You might also find that you cannot copy large files…to a drive that is not formatted to NTFS.…For example, I have a FAT32 drive over here on the left…and I have a very large file,…something larger than about 4 gigabytes is the limit,…and if you move that over to your FAT32 drive,…you'll get this error message-…the files is too large for the destination file system.…
Let's say that you have a movie file, video file…that's bigger than about 4 gigs, you cannot do it.…So let me show you how to convert a drive over to NTFS.…Now if you already have a bunch of files on your FAT32 drive…and you don't have the free space to move them around,…you can convert the file system directly from FAT32 to NTFS,…using a command prompt.…
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.