Get an overview of using Group Policy settings to control device installation.
- [Instructor] Group policy is often used to control users…and computers within an enterprise environment.…You can use group policy to restrict device installation…and enable data loss prevention…by controlling how your users are…able to access USB data drives.…Group policy provides centralized management…and configuration for user accounts,…operating system settings and components,…and even applications such as Edge,…Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.…
GPOs or Group Policy Objects can be configured…to set standards, enforce passwords,…manage Windows 10 functionality, and create rules.…Let's drill down to a specific task…that we can control using group policy.…USB drives or thumb drives are very convenient.…They can give businesses a huge headache.…Each USB drive can contain thousands of documents,…but also carry viruses that can infect computers.…
Most enterprises therefore put in place group policy…to restrict the usage of external data drives.…By restricting or controlling external data drive usage,…you can protect the computer from malware infection,…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.