Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling animations, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- You may have noticed when navigating around the Windows 10…environment there are certain animation effects that make…things look smooth and slick.…For example, when we go to the start button and click there.…You can see how it slides up and the tiles seem to pop up.…When we go to an app like the calendar app for example,…and click it.…It appears and things slide in from the left.…That's kind of cool, when we minimize it,…you can see how it kind of shrinks down and fades out.…And when we go back to get it, it doesn't just appear,…it kind of grows into its position.…
These are all animation effects that actually eat up…system resources.…So if things seem to be slowing down a little bit,…you do have the ability to turn off those animations.…Things won't look as cool, but they might speed up.…So let's close up our calendar if you've been following…along with me and go to those system settings…by going down to the search field, and just type in the word…system.…What we're looking for is the Control Panel system settings,…
- Customizing the startup environment
- Running multiple virtual desktops
- Saving files to PDF
- Locking your screen
- Enabling "God mode"
- Configuring automatic app updates
- Enabling Tablet mode on a PC
- Fine-tuning power settings
- Working with time-saving apps, tools, and utilities
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.