Learn about some Windows to Go related group policy settings.
- In the previous video,…I showed you how to set up Windows To Go.…In this video, I want to show you…some group policy settings…that you can use to control the behavior…of Windows To Go.…So what I'm going to do is right-click on the Start button…and I'm going to go to run…and I'm going to type jpedit.msc.…And when I click OK, that's going to open…the Group Policy Object Editor,…which you can see right here.…Now, you'll notice at the top…that I'm using the Local Group Policy.…If I were connected to a domain…then I would want to use the Domain Group Policy instead.…
So to access the settings,…what I'm going to do is…I'm going to go to Computer Configuration…and then I'm going to go to Administrative Templates…and from there I'll go to Windows Components…and then I'll scroll down…and go to Portable Operating System.…And that's going to expose…the Windows To Go-related Group Policy settings.…And you can see that there are only three of them.…And we can access any one of these…by simply double-clicking on them.…So the first Group Policy Setting is Allow Hibernate…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.