Explore ways to connect to a network and view your connection status, including from the taskbar, from Settings, manually from the "Set up a new connection" wizard in Control Panel, and from the contextual menu of the network adapter. Connect to a hidden wireless network.
- [Instructor] Windows 10 is compatible with…and supports many types of…networks and network configurations.…It can physically connect to networks via ethernet…and employ various forms of wireless such as Bluetooth,…near field communication, and WiFi.…There are a range of network configurations…including home groups, work groups, and domains.…Windows can even incorporate virtual private networks…and direct access when working in an enterprise.…There are several ways to connect to a network.…You can access the network list from the taskbar…from settings, manually from the Network and Sharing Center…or from an adapter's contextual menu.…
Let's take a look at each one of these.…To connect to a network from the taskbar…click the network icon.…Click the network to connect to…and if prompted, input network credentials.…You can also disconnect from networks here.…If there's a VPN available, it will be listed as well.…Settings offers more networking options…than what you'll see from the list available…from the taskbar.…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.