In this video, author Brian Culp discusses some of the ways in which Windows 10 users might connect to a Wi-Fi Direct device, and also highlights some of the advantages of Wi-Fi Direct, especially when compared to making a Bluetooth connection. Brian then identifies the four Wi-Fi Direct services supported on Windows 10 devices, which include Wi-Fi Direct Send, Print Wi-Fi Direct for DLNA, and Miracast.
- [Voiceover] In the last lesson,…I mentioned an alternative.…So, now, we'll get a sense of that alternative method…to connect to Wi-Fi Direct Device…in your Windows 10 computer.…When using Wi-Fi Direct, you can simply go…to the Action Center and then click on the Connect tile.…Here's what it looks like.…Remember that you can bring up the Action Center…using the little bubble icon in the lower right-hand side…of your desktop and then click on the Connect tile.…Now when you do, Windows will scan…for any available devices it can connect to.…
If you're running a PC that doesn't support Miracast,…you'll be told some processors, for example,…don't support this ability,…and, as I'm using a desktop computer without…a Miracast device that is nearby,…I don't have anything to connect to here.…Also, if you've previously set up a Wi-Fi Direct connection,…you'll see it listed here, so subsequent connections…can be made a lot more quickly.…All you'd have to do is click on the tile…that you have configured the connection for,…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to manage remote access in Windows 10—and prepare for the Manage Remote Access domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697, Configuring Windows Devices. Brian Culp shows how to create and enable a VPN connection, configure Remote Desktop, establish mobility policies, create and deploy workspaces, and configure offline storage and file syncing. Plus, learn how connect to printers and displays using Wi-Fi Direct.
Review the learning objectives for the Manage Remote Access domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Creating and enabling a VPN connection
- Using Wi-Fi Sense
- Configuring Remote Desktop
- Troubleshooting with Remote Desktop
- Configuring power policies and mobility options
- Creating workspaces with Windows To Go and PowerShell
- Configuring offline files and file policies
- Adjusting sync options
- Connecting to Wi-Fi Direct devices