Learn how to use folder redirection with roaming profiles.
- [Instructor] In this video, I want to show you…how to redirect a folder within a roaming profile.…So here we are in Server Manager,…and I'm going to go to Tools,…and then I'm going to go to Group Policy Management.…And this is going to bring up…the Group Policy object editor.…I'm going to right-click on the Default Domain Policy…and click Edit.…And this is going to bring up my Group Policy.…So now I'm going to navigate through the Group Policy…to User Configuration, Policies, Windows Settings…and Folder Redirection.…So, as you can see, the Folder Redirection container…contains sub-containers for all of the different folders…that exist within a user's profile.…
So let's take a look at our options…for one of these folders.…So what I'm going to do is…I'm going to right-click on Documents,…and I'm going to go to Properties.…And this is going to bring up the Document Properties.…So I have a Settings dropdown list,…and there are a few different options on here.…I have Basic, which allows us to redirect…everyone's folder to the same location.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.