Learn how to determine network settings using various tools, including PowerShell, command prompt, and GUI.
- [Instructor] When working with Windows 10 devices,…you'll typically use the Network and Sharing Center…to manage and configure most client network settings.…However, there are other tools available that you can use,…and you should know these…since the GUI is not always the most efficient method…of configuring and determining network settings.…Network settings allow a Windows 10 PC…to determine which networks the PC can access,…which services and which resources have been shared.…Incorrectly configured settings…may prevent users from tasks,…such as connecting to file servers,…printing to a network printer,…or even accessing the internet.…
You need to be able to troubleshoot…and correct issues within networking settings…in order to help your users,…using the various interfaces that you can use,…such as the GUI, the command prompt, and PowerShell.…The most well-known way of configuring networking settings…is to use the graphical user interface, or GUI.…In Windows 10, there are two GUI areas,…the Network and Sharing Centre in the Control Panel…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.