Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring automatic updates for apps, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- Many of the apps that are already installed…here in Windows 10,…those tiles that we see when we go down…to our Start button and click,…most of which come from the Windows store,…automatically update in the background…without your consent.…That's because of Window Store settings that are turned on…and I'm going to show you how to turn them off…if you don't like that…and would prefer to update yourself manually.…So, with our Start screen showing here,…find the Store title and give it a click.…That launches your Windows store.…
You can see it's opened up now…and all we have to do is go up to our icon,…if you're logged in, you'll see your own image here,…whatever it might be,…give that a click.…That allows you to access the store settings.…Click Settings from the drop-down menu…and check out the App Updates.…They happen automatically.…So, we can turn them off from here…and now when there are updates for those apps,…we can manually update them ourselves.…There's also Live Tile…so showing products on a tile like Weather for example,…
- Describe how to customize your startup environment.
- Explain how to run multiple virtual desktops.
- Recall how to print and save files to PDF.
- Cite the method for cutting and pasting in command prompt.
- Explain what God Mode is.
- Describe how to choose a target folder for File Explorer.
- Summarize how to use the new calculator feature.
- Recall how to edit photos in the Photos app.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.