Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring Windows updates, part of Windows 10 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Updates are really important…for keeping your computer running smoothly and securely.…Periodically, Microsoft will make updates available…to fix bugs or improve the functionality of Windows.…By default, those updates will download…and install automatically, but…you can configure your updates…to install manually, if you prefer.…To get to your update settings, just go to your Settings,…and there's a category here for Update and Security.…I want to click on that.…
I want to make sure I'm on the first option here…that says Windows Update.…If there are any updates currently available,…they will be listed here.…I can see that there are three updates currently available…that have not been installed on my computer yet.…If I want to, I can hit Install now,…and install those updates right now, without waiting.…Now, if you don't want to come here to these settings…and hit this button to install updates,…that's perfectly fine.…Windows will choose a time to…automatically install updates, at some point.…
Downloading updates can impact your internet speed,…
Learn all the essential features of Windows 10. This comprehensive course covers everything you need to know to install Windows, customize it to your liking, and start working with files and applications. Author Nick Brazzi shows how to manage folders, use Cortana to search and navigate, browse the web with the new Microsoft Edge browser, and work with Mail, Calendars, and People (aka contacts).
Plus, learn about sharing via a home network, multiuser configurations, security and privacy, and troubleshooting Windows.
- Installing or upgrading to Windows 10
- Connecting to the Internet
- Launching, quitting, and managing applications
- Creating, copying, moving, and renaming files and folders
- Zipping and unzipping files
- Using Cortana to search
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Sending email
- Installing new apps
- Sharing files over home networks
- Backing up and restoring files
- Configuring Windows updates
- Using Windows Defender
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/02/2017. What changed?
A: A new video was added that helps you confirm which version of Windows 10 you’re running, to ensure that you’re choosing the right training course.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Using Cortana to Search
5. Browsing the Web with Edge
6. Working with Mail, People, and Calendar
7. Using the Other Bundled Apps
8. Installing Applications
Setting application defaults6m 36s
9. Essential Settings and Customization
10. Account Settings
11. Sharing with Home Networks
Using Remote Desktop4m 54s
12. Backing Up and Restoring
13. Troubleshooting and Updating
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.