This video covers the setup and configuration of a mouse and keyboard, as well as connecting wireless Bluetooth peripherals in general. It starts with basic configuration and setup for a wired mouse and keyboard.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about setting up…and configuring a mouse and keyboard.…We'll also talk about setting up a wireless Bluetooth mouse…and keyboard, which will serve as an introduction…to connecting Bluetooth devices in general.…But let's start with basic configuration and setup…for a wired mouse and keyboard.…Now a wired and mouse and keyboard should connect…to your computer through the USB port.…Just find the port on your computer…that matches the connector on your mouse…or keyboard's cable.…If you're using a laptop, then the keyboard…and touchpad are built in.…You can use the touchpad instead of a mouse of course.…
If you're using a Microsoft surface…with the keyboard cover connected,…then you have a touchpad and keyboard there.…So you should be able to just start moving your mouse cursor…with whatever mouse or touchpad you have connected.…Pretty simple.…But I do want to make sure that you are aware…of the right-click feature.…Some users will already know about this but some may not.…Some pointing devices have a left and a right button.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.