Learn how to configure BitLocker to work without a TPM chip.
- [Instructor] Even though BitLocker is designed…to work on a computer that has a TPM chip,…it is possible to configure BitLocker to work without a TPM.…So that's what I want to show you how to do in this video.…So what I'm going to do is right-click on the Start button…and go to Run, and I'm going to type gpedit.msc…to open the Group Policy Editor.…And you can see that I'm working…with the Local Group Policy.…If this system were domain joined,…I would want to use the Domain Group Policy instead.…So from there, what I'm going to do…is I'm going to go into Computer Configuration,…Administrative Templates,…Windows Components,…BitLocker Drive Encryption,…and Operating System Drives.…
Then, once I'm there, what I want to do is I want…to click on Require additional authentication at startup,…and you can see that right here.…And what you would do is enable this policy…and make sure that this checkbox right here is selected,…Allow BitLocker without a compatible TPM.…And you'll notice that we also have some options…for systems that do have a TPM.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.