HoloLens development is easy, but you need to set up your environment first. In this lesson learn how to prepare Unity to build HoloLens apps.
- [Instructor] As a HoloLens developer…you will spend a lot of time in Unity.…Now this isn't a Unity course,…so if you are unsure about your knowledge level on Unity,…you might want to check out…some articles on the site about Unity.…That being said, you do not need to be an expert in Unity…to build great HoloLens apps.…You will learn everything you need to know to get started…from us right here.…Unity is a multi-platform engine.…This means it'll run on a whole lot of devices.…However, the HoloLens has some unique capabilities…that require some extra effort.…
We need to set up Unity so it will create the apps we want.…I have already started up Unity.…We're not going to use the Holo Toolkit for now,…so we create a new project.…We need to enter a name for our project.…Let's call it HelloHoloWorld.…The rest of the screen we can skip.…Everything is good as it is.…Hit create project and it'll create a project for us.…Unity will set up the project for us right now.…When it's finished…we will be presented with the main screen.…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.