In this video, author Brian Culp discusses how Microsoft has improved on the sync settings that were available with Windows 8, and also how Microsoft helps keep files synchronized between multiple Windows 10 devices. Brian demonstrates how to manage sync settings, like passwords, theme, and browser settings, via the trusted Windows Store application.
- [Voiceover] In this lesson…we'll configure some of the sync options…that are possible with a Windows 10 machine.…What you need to know is that Microsoft builds…on the sync settings that were available with Windows 10,…and helps keeps files synced between…multiple Windows 10 devices.…You can sync settings.…You can sync your desktop theme,…browser settings, passwords, and so forth.…I also touched on some of these sync settings…in my Windows 10 Manage Identity course…where I discussed the significance of using…a Microsoft account to make all of this happen.…
So, if you took that course, hello there, and also,…what I'm about to say will sound somewhat familiar.…There's quite a bit of overlap.…In fact, you probably could technically skip this lesson…if you've taken the Windows 10 Manage Identity course.…But what you need to know is that…this synchronization behavior relies on a Microsoft account.…Until you sign in with a Microsoft account,…associate that with your login and enable synchronization,…then the synchronization just won't occur.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to manage remote access in Windows 10—and prepare for the Manage Remote Access domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697, Configuring Windows Devices. Brian Culp shows how to create and enable a VPN connection, configure Remote Desktop, establish mobility policies, create and deploy workspaces, and configure offline storage and file syncing. Plus, learn how connect to printers and displays using Wi-Fi Direct.
Review the learning objectives for the Manage Remote Access domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Creating and enabling a VPN connection
- Using Wi-Fi Sense
- Configuring Remote Desktop
- Troubleshooting with Remote Desktop
- Configuring power policies and mobility options
- Creating workspaces with Windows To Go and PowerShell
- Configuring offline files and file policies
- Adjusting sync options
- Connecting to Wi-Fi Direct devices