In this video, author Brian Culp identifies the use of the Sync Center, which is a collection of settings found in the Control Panel desktop application. Brian also shows viewers how to launch and configure the Offline Files Synchronization Schedule Wizard, which allows users to easily set start times, dates, and frequency of Offline File synchronization.
- [Voiceover] In addition to the sync options…we saw earlier, Windows 10 users also have the option…of using the Sync Center…to review and set certain sync options.…Now, these options that are configured in the Sync Center…have to do with offline files,…not necessarily the things…that we saw in the previous lesson…when we were looking at things like…synchronizing themes and passwords and so on.…So the Sync Center, to review, is a Control Panel app.…
It is is not something that is a Windows trusted store app,…or it's not in the Settings application,…it's in the Control Panel, and you get to it…through the Sync Center.…So, here's what you will see when you go in…and start to manage some of these settings.…So, I think a sight recognition is probably just fine.…I would recommend that you open up the Sync Center…and possibly synchronize something offline…so that you're able to fully review these settings.…But, look for these settings.…Disable Offline Files,…you can enable and disable this ability.…
You can View any Offline Files that you have synchronized.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to manage remote access in Windows 10—and prepare for the Manage Remote Access domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697, Configuring Windows Devices. Brian Culp shows how to create and enable a VPN connection, configure Remote Desktop, establish mobility policies, create and deploy workspaces, and configure offline storage and file syncing. Plus, learn how connect to printers and displays using Wi-Fi Direct.
Review the learning objectives for the Manage Remote Access domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Creating and enabling a VPN connection
- Using Wi-Fi Sense
- Configuring Remote Desktop
- Troubleshooting with Remote Desktop
- Configuring power policies and mobility options
- Creating workspaces with Windows To Go and PowerShell
- Configuring offline files and file policies
- Adjusting sync options
- Connecting to Wi-Fi Direct devices