Understand the networking terminology commonly used in IT departments around the world. Terms include IPV4, IPv6, subnet and subnet mask, default gateway, DNS, IP addressing, and others. Explore the Local Area Connection dialog box and learn how to make changes. Configure IP addresses manually and automatically for IPv4 and explore IPv6.
- [Instructor] To get the most out of Windows 10,…in either a home or business setting,…you must be able to connect to a network.…That network can be the internet,…an internal company intranet,…or something less complex,…like a simple homegroup or workgroup.…You can find the available networks…by clicking the network icon on the taskbar.…As you can see here,…I'm connected to an ethernet network…listed at the top of the list.…You can connect to any other network…by clicking it and clicking Connect.…
You may have to enter a security key.…All computers on the network have one thing in common,…and that's a unique address.…This address defines the computer on the network…in the same way an address on a house…identifies it on a street.…Here's an example of addresses that belong to houses.…You can see they are similar, but a little different.…Here, 1400 defines the block,…and the numbers after it define the house.…In the same way, computers have unique addresses.…
Here's an example of that.…You can see these addresses are similar,…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.