Programs and applications start when Windows does. Learn how to review these programs and stop them from starting on boot up using the System Configuration window, specifically the Services tab, to increase computer performance. Learn how to access more startup options in Task Manager, from the Startup tab there. Explore Fast Startup.
- [Instructor] If you've noticed that it takes longer…than it used to for your computer…to get through the boot process,…you can make some configuration changes to help speed it up.…There are three ways I'd like to discuss here.…You can configure fast startup, a feature of Windows 10…if it's supported by your device hardware.…You can disable unnecessary services or delay their start…and you can stop specific applications…from loading when Windows boots.…Let's begin with fast startup.…Fast startup mode should start a computer in less time…than is typically required for a traditional cold start…and it should be enabled by default.…
Fast startup is a hybrid combination of a cold start up…and awake from hibernation startup.…To make this possible, when Windows shuts down,…it prepares the system's state…as it would for a hibernation.…Then, Windows saves the kernel memory image…including the loaded kernel mode drivers…as it shuts down the computer.…This causes the system to boot faster the next time…you turn it on because the information is readily available.…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.