Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure shared printers, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- We now turn our attention to data access.…Let me start by demonstrating how to…configure shared printers.…A USB printer attached to a computer…can be shared with other computers…on the same Windows 10 network…even if you're not using home groups,…which I'll demonstrate in another lesson.…It doesn't matter what type of printer you have…as long as it's installed on a network computer…and is directly attached with a USB cable…or other type of printer cable.…The devices you choose to share the printer with…will all be able to use it to print as long as…it first locates the printer on the computer network.…
Printers that are directly connected to a network…rather than attached to a computer to the USB port…are also available to anyone else on the same network.…Such printers must have a network port…or a wireless connection that allows them to…connect directly to the network,…so let me demonstrate how to share a printer in this way.…Click on the Windows icon in the lower left-hand corner…and in the Search box type in Devices and Printers.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Identify which storage usage category you should select to check how much space your downloads folder is using on your Windows drive.
- Name the type of storage space resiliency you should select to turn two physical drives into one logical drive.
- Describe the steps needed to access the NTFS permissions for a specific folder.
- List the actions required to share a printer with users on the same network.
- State how to use file explorer to open your PC instead of quick access.
- List the steps to add folder permissions for a specific folder.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.