Review or modify the way services start, or don't start, when Windows boots from the Services console. Access any service to configure its parameters. Review options under each of the four tabs: General, Log On, Recovery, and Dependencies. Choose from Automatic (Delayed Start), Automatic, Manual, and Disabled to control behavior.
- [Instructor] A Windows service is a program,…routine, or process that runs in the background.…Windows Update, Windows Firewall,…and Network Location Awareness are examples of services.…You can see these services and others…in the Services window.…To locate it type services on the taskbar…and click Services in the result.…You can sort the services by their type…by clicking the Startup Type column,…like so.…Look at all the services here that start automatically.…
Some services are configured to start…when the computer does,…and are necessary for the computer to run effectively.…Sometimes problems arise when a service…that needs to be running isn't.…Ongoing problems ensue when a service…needs to start automatically and run in the background,…but doesn't.…You can address these issues and more…from the Services Properties dialog box.…I'll sort these service by Name,…and I'll double-click the Plug and Play service.…This service is what makes it possible…to connect a device and let Windows configure it…with very little input, if any, from you.…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.