Configure removable device rules to protect an enterprise from employees' use of items like USB drives and CDs and DVDs, among other things. This protects company data from theft, malware, and many other threats. Explore all Group Policy options including but not limited to denying access to various drives such as tape drives, or denying access to all removable drives. Explore how to secure drives with BitLocker.
- [Female Instructor] Removable devices are extremely handy…for making data accessible when you're on the go.…I have a small USB drive attached to my key chain,…which I protect with a pass code,…and several on my desk for quickly backing up data…or sharing with others.…There are several external drives attached to this PC.…While these drives are convenient in a home environment,…they can be detrimental in an enterprise.…Without group policies in place to prevent it,…users can bring their own drives,…copy company data, and take that data with them.…
This can introduce a whole host…of problems including data breaches.…Without restrictions users can also insert their own drives…which can be infected with malware…and can wreak havoc on their own work stations…and possibly even network computers.…To prevent problems with removable drives…in the workplace, administrators use group policies…to create limitations on how they can be used.…Let's take a look at some of those policies now.…Type gpedit.msc in the search window on the task bar…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.