Choose what notifications you receive from the Notification area and the Lock screen. Choose if applications can notify you when events occur or when updates are available. Enable or disable notifications from alarms, reminders, and incoming VOiP calls.
- [Instructor] You'll likely get a lot of notifications…from Windows 10.…You can get notified when new emails arrive,…when apps need updates,…and when Windows needs to warn you about something,…like a backup drive that's getting full for instance.…You might see notifications that offer tips…on how to use Windows more effectively,…or see an alert that informs you…there's a new Microsoft Office version available.…Some of these updates you might find useful,…but others maybe not so much.…Whatever the case,…you can control what notifications you see.…
There are two places to do this, one in Control Panel…and the other in Settings.…Let's look at Control Panel first.…I'll right click the start button, then click Control Panel…to open it.…Click Review your computer's status,…under System and Security.…Now, click Change Security in Maintenance Settings.…Go ahead and make any changes you desire here…and then click OK and close Control Panel.…I'll deselect Work Folders and Storage Spaces.…
Now let's look at some of the other options from Settings.…
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 10
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Provisioning with Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
4. Perform Post Installation Tasks
5. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.