Understand network locations, also called profiles, including Private, Public, and Domain. Learn how to make your computer visible or invisible on a network, based on the network type, and how to make changes to the default settings for those profiles.
- [Instructor] The first time you connect to a network,…you're prompted to tell Windows if you want your computer…to be discoverable or not.…If you answer yes, you're telling Windows…you trust the network, and it's okay…for other computers and people to see you on it.…In this instance, Windows applies…the Private network profile.…If you answer no when prompted about discoverability,…you're telling Windows that the network…is not one you trust,…and the Public network profile is applied.…You connect to a network by clicking it in the network list.…
You click Connect and enter the network key.…Then, you click Next.…Here, you can see the option…to make the PC discoverable or not.…Because I want to apply the Private profile,…I'll click Yes.…Now, I'm connected to the new network,…and it is configured as private.…Once a profile is applied, certain profile settings…are put into effect immediately,…and enforced while you're connected.…Such as whether or not you can see other computers…on the network, if they can see you,…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.