Configure a native boot scenario to add a VHD to the boot loader and boot to it. Use the diskpart command to create this virtual disk, and then use the DISM command to select your custom WIM file and apply it to the VHD. Use the bcdboot command and to add the boot entry. Restart the computer and choose the new entry, and work through the installation process to finalize the operating system.
- [Instructor] You can create a virtual hard disk,…a VHD, and install an operating system on it,…and make it available from the boot menu.…This lets you use a virtual disk natively…instead of running it inside an existing operating system.…This is called a native boot scenario.…With native boot, your VHD can use the hardware…installed on the PC directly,…instead of having to go through the parent operating system.…Here I'll show you how to configure a native VHD…on a computer that already has an operating system on it.…
But understand, that you can also detach the VHD…you create here, copy it to a new device,…and attach it somewhere else if you want…to use it on another system, even one that…doesn't have the parent operating system installed.…If this is something you'd like to do,…I'll show you where to learn more about that…later in this video.…To get started, you're going to need to get your…hands on a generalized WIM image.…A WIM image is a file based disk image format…that contains Windows installation files,…
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 10
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Provisioning with Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
4. Perform Post Installation Tasks
5. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.