Learn how to write the code for the app service hosted ASP.NET backend.
- [Instructor] In this video we will modify…one of the projects we just downloaded,…Todo together service to configure our database.…We will implement our table controller classes,…debug the app and make sure the database…is configured properly.…Let's open the solution todo together,…under the todo together underscore runtime folder,…and take a look at what is provided for us…to help us get started.…When you open the project you may see…a bunch of errors or red squiggly marks.…To fix that problem, go to the build menu…and select build solution.…
Next we're going to look at the solution explorer,…on the right hand side, to see what's provided to us.…This project consists of five key components.…A startup class, which will execute code…on mobile app startup.…A todo item data object, which is just…a list of two properties for the todo item object.…Notice that this implements the entity data base class,…which will provide some additional properties…when managing the relationship with the database.…There's also a todo item table controller…
- Working with .NET for UWP app development
- Establishing application architecture
- Configuring Azure services
- Configuring the mobile app service backend
- Testing and publishing the service backend
- Using Facebook authentication
- Using XAML
- Client server abstraction API
- Using the UWP community toolkit
- Styling app views
- Creating adaptive views
- Testing an app for multiple user accounts
- Publishing to the Windows Store
- Sideloading app packages
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before We Get Started
2. Build the Backend
3. Build the UWP App
4. Polish and Publish the App
Sideloading App packages2m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.