Access the Registry and explore options for configuring Windows 10 safely and to customize the interface and other settings.
- [Instructor] The Windows registry is a collection … of configuration settings in Microsoft Windows. … It is generally referred to as simply the registry. … The registry is created and personalized … when Windows is installed, … but may be added to when you install … additional software or hardware … or make changes to your user preferences, … among other things. … You open the registry by running the command regedit. … Here's the Registry Editor. … In its initial state, the registry holds … all of the Windows default settings. … For instance, it defines what the … desktop background looks like. … It specifies how a program or app will perform … the first time you use it. … And it defines Windows policies for machines and users. … There are literally thousands upon thousands … of settings here. … Let me show you one. … I'll click HKEY_CURRENT_USER, … Control Panel, … Colors, … and Background. … This is where you define the background color … used in Control Panel. … If you didn't know already, …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Configure and Support Core Serviceswith Joli Ballew2h 56m Intermediate
Windows 10: Manage and Maintain Windows 10with Joli Ballew2h 29m Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.