Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure folder options, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In this lesson, I review how to…configure folder options in Windows 10.…When it comes to configuring folder options here,…there's a lot that's recognizable…from the window operating system variance…running all the way back to Windows 95.…But as with other standard Windows features,…version 10 has added a few new tweaks…to the operating system, that although,…they're not recognizable right off the bat,…I wanted to point them out so that you knew about them.…So to configure your folder options in Windows 10,…you'll open up the File Explorer…and then here in the File Explorer,…click on the View tab at the top…and select the Options drop down…and choose Change folder and search options.…
This brings up your Folder Options dialogue with three tabs,…General, View, and Search.…So as I mentioned earlier, there's not a lot that's new here…and there's a lot of options, but there are some…definitely new gems that I wanted to point out…that you'll definitely want to start using.…Let's start with the General tab.…Here is where you can set features…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.