- In this lesson, I review how to…configure folder options in Windows 10.…When it comes to configuring folder options here,…there's a lot that's recognizable…from the window operating system variance…running all the way back to Windows 95.…But as with other standard Windows features,…version 10 has added a few new tweaks…to the operating system, that although,…they're not recognizable right off the bat,…I wanted to point them out so that you knew about them.…So to configure your folder options in Windows 10,…you'll open up the File Explorer…and then here in the File Explorer,…click on the View tab at the top…and select the Options drop down…and choose Change folder and search options.…
This brings up your Folder Options dialogue with three tabs,…General, View, and Search.…So as I mentioned earlier, there's not a lot that's new here…and there's a lot of options, but there are some…definitely new gems that I wanted to point out…that you'll definitely want to start using.…Let's start with the General tab.…Here is where you can set features…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Identify which storage usage category you should select to check how much space your downloads folder is using on your Windows drive.
- Name the type of storage space resiliency you should select to turn two physical drives into one logical drive.
- Describe the steps needed to access the NTFS permissions for a specific folder.
- List the actions required to share a printer with users on the same network.
- State how to use file explorer to open your PC instead of quick access.
- List the steps to add folder permissions for a specific folder.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.