Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure file and folder permissions, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- Previously, I demonstrated how…to set general file sharing permissions…using the network file sharing method.…In this lesson, I'll now demonstrate how…to set file sharing permissions for individual users.…To configure folder permissions for specific users,…you'll need to make a small change…within the Advanced Sharing settings…for the file or folder concerned.…To access these settings,…you're going to browse to the folder.…You want to set permissions for them.…Let's go to my Local drive…and set permissions for the temp folder.…You're going to right-click on it…and then choose Properties…from the contextural menu.…
In the Properties dialog for that folder,…click on the Sharing tab,…and then click on the Advanced Sharing button…and make sure that you have a checkmark…next to Share this folder.…And then you're going to click on Permissions.…With the Permissions window open,…you'll see that Everyone is a default option highlighted,…and then you can use the checkboxes here…to allow or deny various permissions,…Full Control, Change or Read.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.