- In this lesson, I review how to…configure file auditing in Windows.…One of the bigger problems when administrating…users on a network,…is that you want to know…who read, modified, deleted, or created…files in a shared area.…Fortunately, Windows 10 has built-in…auditing facilities for doing just this.…File auditing in Windows requires…these three things:…object access auditing to be turned on,…the shared folder to have auditing enabled,…and you'll need to collect and interpret…events from the system.…
File auditing in Windows involves…monitoring events related to users…accessing, modifying, and deleting…sensitive files and folders on the network.…To maximize the value of this type of auditing,…you want to enable auditing on a file server…in which you've also installed a LEM agent.…Which stands for Log and Event Manager agent.…But only for the specific files and folders…you want to monitor.…If you enable auditing on all files and folders,…or even a large number of them,…you'll create an unnecessary burden…on your LEM appliance by telling Windows…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Identify which storage usage category you should select to check how much space your downloads folder is using on your Windows drive.
- Name the type of storage space resiliency you should select to turn two physical drives into one logical drive.
- Describe the steps needed to access the NTFS permissions for a specific folder.
- List the actions required to share a printer with users on the same network.
- State how to use file explorer to open your PC instead of quick access.
- List the steps to add folder permissions for a specific folder.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.