Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure file auditing, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- View Offline
- In this lesson, I review how to…configure file auditing in Windows.…One of the bigger problems when administrating…users on a network,…is that you want to know…who read, modified, deleted, or created…files in a shared area.…Fortunately, Windows 10 has built-in…auditing facilities for doing just this.…File auditing in Windows requires…these three things:…object access auditing to be turned on,…the shared folder to have auditing enabled,…and you'll need to collect and interpret…events from the system.…
File auditing in Windows involves…monitoring events related to users…accessing, modifying, and deleting…sensitive files and folders on the network.…To maximize the value of this type of auditing,…you want to enable auditing on a file server…in which you've also installed a LEM agent.…Which stands for Log and Event Manager agent.…But only for the specific files and folders…you want to monitor.…If you enable auditing on all files and folders,…or even a large number of them,…you'll create an unnecessary burden…on your LEM appliance by telling Windows…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.