Explore driver settings from the Advanced, Details, or the Resources tab of a device driver's Properties window. Understand it might be best to uninstall and reinstall a device (and its driver) instead of changing these settings, but if necessary, settings can be changed manually. You can review the resources used to see if conflicts exist here too.
- [Instructor] Generally when you have an issue…with the device driver,…you can open Device Manager,…double-click the problematic device,…and either update or roll back the driver…to resolve the problem.…Sometimes, though, it isn't that easy…to resolve driver issues.…Let's open Device Manager and take a look…at some other options when these basic techniques…don't work.…Before we start, let me say that some devices…will have more tabs than others.…Take a look at the tabs for the mouse, for instance.…You can see that there are only five tabs here.…
Mice aren't very complex hardware,…so there isn't much to configure.…More complex devices have more tabs.…Take a look at the tabs for a network adaptor.…Look at all the tabs here.…More tabs means more options for configuration.…Let's delve into the Resources tab.…The Memory Range refers to the part of memory…that a device can use.…And IRQ represents the hardware lines over which devices…can send interrupt signals to the microprocessor…over the motherboard.…
On occasion you'll see a conflict here.…
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 10
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Provisioning with Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
4. Perform Post Installation Tasks
5. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.