Explore driver settings from the Advanced, Details, or the Resources tab of a device driver's Properties window. Understand it might be best to uninstall and reinstall a device—and its driver—instead of changing these settings, but if necessary, settings can be changed manually. You can review the resources used to see if conflicts exist here too.
- [Narrator] Generally, … whey you have an issue with the device driver … you can open device manager … double click the problematic device … and either update or roll back the driver … to resolve the problem. … Sometimes though it isn't that easy … to resolve driver issues. … Let's open device manager … and take a look at some other options … when these basic techniques don't work. … Before we start, … let me say that some devices will have … more tabs than others. … Take a look at the tabs for the mouse for instance. … You can see that there are only five tabs here. … Mice aren't very complex hardware … so there isn't much to configure. … Now complex devices have more tabs. … Take a look at the tabs for a network adapter. … Look at all the tabs here. … More tabs, means more options for configuration. … Let's delve into the resources tab. … The memory range refers to the part of memory … that a device can use. … And IRQ represents the hardware lines over which … devices can send interrupt signals …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Configure and Support Core Serviceswith Joli Ballew2h 56m Intermediate
Windows 10: Manage and Maintain Windows 10with Joli Ballew2h 29m Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.