Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure disk quotas, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- For computers that are used by more than one person,…you'll probably want to limit the amount of storage space…that every user on that device has to use.…Members of the Administrator group…can enable storage limits called Disk Quotas…on NTFS volumes.…Quotas are a means of controlling…the storage space available on a drive or partition…so that no single user can use up all the space…on that drive or partition.…If the user exceeds the Disk Quota,…you can set it up so he or she…will not be able to store new data on it.…Furthermore, the administrator can also set warning levels,…so that they know when a user gets close to their limit.…
So in this lesson, I cover how to configure…Disk Quotas in Windows 10,…so you can control how much storage space…individual users are allowed on each drive on the system.…So to set up an enforced quota limits…for every user on account,…open up the File Explorer…and right-click on the device,…or the drive, or the partition,…that you want to set quota limits for.…In this case, let's go ahead and set them up…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.