Configure program defaults by setting default programs, associating a file type with a specific program and changing AutoPlay settings. Learn how to use the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, and know that problems are often caused by data execution prevention or mandatory integrity control, which can be identified and managed with compatibility mode settings.
- [Instructor] There are two kinds of applications.…Desktop applications such as Microsoft Word and Media Player…and apps including Maps, Mail, and People.…You can access all the apps from the start button.…In this movie I want to talk about…desktop applications though,…in particular configuring them once they are installed.…You can make configuration changes…in both settings and control panel.…Let's look at settings first.…
From start find the settings icon…and then click system,…finally, default apps.…Here is where you choose which app to use by default…when multiple options exist.…For example, there are two options for a web browser…Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.…You may have more if you've installed additional web apps.…To set any as the default select it.…From now on when you click a web link in an email,…document, presentation, or something else…this app will open.…
You won't be prompted to choose a different app.…If you ever change your mind about what's set as the default…just return here and choose another.…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.