Join Brien Posey for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure the company portal, part of Windows 10: Deploy and Manage Virtual Applications.
- [Instructor] Mobile users typically interact with Intern through the company portal and you can configure the company portal through the Intern interface. Right now I'm using the classic Intern portal. So the way that you would configure the company portal is by going to admin and then clicking on company portal and there are a number of different fields that you can fill out. None of these fields are required but these are all informational. They provide the Andy user with information that is displayed inside of the company portal.
For example, we start out with company name. This is set to Posey Enterprises because that's the name on my account. Then we have IT department contact name. Maybe I want to put my own name in there. Then we can list the IT department phone number. Let's say something like 803-555-1234 and we can enter the IT department email address. Something like email@example.com.
And then there's a box for additional information and as we scroll down, there's also a field that you can use to enter the URL for your company's privacy statement. So for example, I could enter something like http://wwww.poseylab.com/privacy. Then as we scroll down, we have an opportunity to enter the support website.
Again, we could do something like http://www.poseylab.com/support. We could also enter a name for the website. This is the name that's going to be displayed to the Andy users. I'll just call this support, and then we can also customize what the company portal looks like. Right now the theme color is set to blue but we can choose from a variety of different colors.
I'm going to leave this set on blue and we can choose the background. Here's the default background, or we could go with a solid white background instead and we can even include a company logo fi we want. I don't have one so I'm going to close that back out and when we're done, we just click save and now the company portal is configured.
This course also maps to the corresponding domain within the Microsoft exam 70-696, Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Intune, and will help you prepare for MCSE certification.
- Installing and deploying App-V
- Sequencing an application
- Editing or upgrading an application
- Configuring applications for deployment in App-V
- Deploying apps with Intune