Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure additional folder options, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In this lesson, I review some additional folder options…that you'll find new in Windows 10.…So to access your folder options,…go to your File Explorer,…click on the View tab, and in the Options dropdown,…choose Change folder and search options.…Previously, I reviewed the General tab and the View tab,…and there's not a lot that's new here…from previous versions of Window,…but one thing that is new that I want to point out…in this lesson is the Sharing Wizard.…By default, that's turned on.…There's a checkmark next to that,…so make sure that your Sharing Wizard is enabled,…and then click OK to close the dialog.…
And the easiest way to demonstrate this…is to simply right click on the folder…that you want to share using the wizard.…So I'll choose my Documents folder,…and notice that there's a new option here…called Share with.…I can stop sharing, or I can share it with any users…that are now added to my system.…Later on, when we set up home groups,…there'll also be some home group options here.…You can also have other members of your home group…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.