Use Group Policy to control access to Windows Store in Windows 10 for enterprise users and restrict access to the store in various ways. Review AppLocker and how it is used to control Store access.
- [Narrator] Windows apps are available…from the Windows Store.…I'll open the store to show you.…The icon on the taskbar here that looks like a shopping bag…is what you'll need to click.…Apps are designed to run in a single window…on all kinds of devices,…including phones, tablets, desktop PCs and laptops.…Apps you own are available from the start button.…Alarms & Clock is a very simple app.…
I'll click it to show you.…Organizations decide if they want their users…to access the store and store apps or if they don't.…If administrators decide it's okay,…they might not have to make too many changes.…If they decide it isn't,…or at least want to place restrictions…on what users can do once there,…they generally apply group policies.…Let's look at some of those.…I'll open the group policy editor by typing "gpedit.msc"…and clicking it in the results.…
Now I'll navigate to User Configuration,…Administrative Templates,…Windows Components,…and Store.…Look at these three options.…If computers are running Windows 8 or RT,…you can opt to turn off the offer…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.