Explore Windows Update in Settings and the options available there. Learn how to manually check for Windows Updates as well as modify the restart schedule configured by default by Windows. Explore WIndows Update Local Group Policy Settings.
- [Instructor] Let's begin by talking about Windows Update.…Windows Update is a service…that provides important updates…to Microsoft Operating Systems.…It protects against malware and security exploits,…enhances Windows components,…and improves functionality.…Windows Update has been available to users in Control Panel…since Windows Vista.…With Windows 10, it's only available from Settings.…Microsoft releases security updates on the second Tuesday…of every month.…I'll click Start, and then I'll click Settings,…and Update & security, to show you the options.…
I could check for updates if I wanted to…but that takes some time,…so I'll skip it for now.…To see more settings, click Advanced options.…You can review and change how updates are installed here,…among other things.…I always change this first option…to, Notify to schedule restart.…This let's me schedule the restart process…after updates are installed…and I'm never caught off guard…when my computer accidentally reboots without my permission.…You might want to make this change too.…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.