With the proper hardware installed, set up Windows Hello for biometric log in. You can swipe your fingerprint or show your face in front of the computer's camera lens. Once it recognizes the biometric unit you’ve configured, log in proceeds. Configure this setting from Settings, Accounts, Sign-In Options.
- [Instructor] If you're looking for a novel way…to log into your Windows 10 computer,…perhaps using biometric technology…such as a fingerprint reader or iris scanner,…it's possible, provided your computer is equipped…with the proper hardware.…Microsoft has named the support for this technology…Windows Hello.…To see if your computer supports Windows Hello,…click Start, click Settings, and Click Accounts.…Click Sign-in options on the left side.…Scroll down a little,…and if you see an entry for Windows Hello,…you can click Set up to get started.…
If you don't see an entry…you can retrofit your computer for it if you want.…My computer didn't come with any biometric hardware,…but I purchased a fingerprint reader for about $30.…Notice it says here, though,…I have to set up a PIN before I can enroll,…so let me do that first.…Under PIN, I'll click Add,…and I'll type my password and click OK.…And I'll type my PIN and confirm it.…Now, the Set up option is ready.…I'll click it to get started.…
I'll click Get started, I'll type my PIN,…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.