Windows 10 supports Wi-Fi Direct, which enables you to connect your Windows 10 device to other devices and peripherals without requiring a wireless access point. You can transfer files between devices faster than with Bluetooth, stream to compatible devices, and more.
- [Instructor] You are already familiar…with wireless networking technologies…and you know how to connect to wireless hotspots…in the wireless network in your home or office.…These types of networks have an infrastructure…that consists of hardware including routers…and wireless access points among other things.…Windows supports a new kind of networking now though,…called Wi-Fi Direct.…Wi-Fi Direct lets you connect to devices…without a wireless access point.…Devices are often printers and media players,…but there are other kinds, even computers.…
Wi-Fi Direct compatible devices can share files…with each other too and do so much faster…than was previously available with Bluetooth.…To set up Wi-Fi Direct, you have to have…a compatible network adapter installed…on your Windows 10 PC.…One way to find out if you do,…is to open a command prompt and type…ipconfig space slash all.…Here I have a command prompt open…with administrative privileges.…One of the adapters in this list…needs to have an adapter that's described…as Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter.…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.