Learn what a Virtual Private Network connection is, and learn where to go in Windows 10 to create one. Learn how to work through the VPN wizard in Control Panel and what options are available for configuration. Explore similar options in Settings, from Network and Internet, VPN. Explore VPN Advanced Settings, including App Triggered, traffic filters, and lockdown.
- [Narrator] Workers often need…to access corporate resources while traveling,…and they need to do that over unsecured networks…available to them in hotels, coffee shops,…and other public areas.…But how do enterprises…guarantee those connections are secure…for both the employee and the organization?…They create virtual private networks.…I'll show you how to create a VPN…from the Network and Sharing Center,…and as we go through the steps,…I'll explain a little about protocols and profiles…and how to know what to choose when prompted.…
Although you could setup a VPN from Settings,…I prefer the Network and Sharing Center.…The wizard offers more choices,…and thus gives me more control…over the connection I want to create.…I'll type Network and Sharing to find it.…To get started, click "Set up a new connection or network."…Here there are three choices,…but we want to connect to a workplace,…so I'll click the option, "Connect to a workplace,"…and click Next.…
Most of the time users…won't dial directly into your network,…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.