Configure an existing Virtual Hard Disk to meet your specific needs. Initialize the disk and create a new simple volume to make it ready for storing data or to install an operating system. Detach and attach VHDs or take them offline. View the disk in Hyper-V Manager and in File Explorer.
- [Instructor] If you've created a virtual hard disk…and want to make changes to it,…you can do so in Disk Management Hyper-V Manager…and using PowerShell cmdlets.…Here, I'll show you the options in Disk Management…because it's more user friendly…and it's also where I explained…how to create a VHD in a previous movie.…Right-click the Start button…and choose Disk Management in the results.…Maximize the window if you need to…and take a look around.…Explore the disks and locate your new VHD.…
It may look like what's shown here,…a separate disk whose disk space is still unallocated.…If on the left side it shows that the disk is unknown,…right-click the disk number and click Initialize.…This isn't an option here…because I've already initialized this disk…in a previous movie.…If you don't see the disk you created,…which will likely be the case…if you created it in Hyper-V Manager…or if you used PowerShell and did not initialize the disk,…you'll need to click Action…and Attach VHD.…
You'll need to browse to the location of the disk.…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.