Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure Storage Sense, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In this lesson, I cover how to configure Storage Sense…to better manage your disk usage in Windows 10.…Let's bring up the Storage Sense dialog,…by clicking on the window icon…in the lower left hand corner.…Choosing the File Explorer option,…choose This PC, and then the Open Settings icon…in the top ribbon.…That brings up the Settings control panel.…Click on System, and then Storage,…to bring up your Storage dialog.…Storage Sense is going to be found…by clicking onto This PC link,…and clicking on any of these categories,…will provide details and various controls,…making it easier to manage your files…and applications in Windows 10.…
For example, if you click on the System and reserved link,…you'll see your virtual memory settings,…hybernation file, and system restore settings,…as well as a Manage system restore button…at the bottom of the dialog.…That brings up the System protection tab…of the System Properties dialog.…We can go ahead and set your System Restore points,…configure restore settings, create restore points and so on.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Identify which storage usage category you should select to check how much space your downloads folder is using on your Windows drive.
- Name the type of storage space resiliency you should select to turn two physical drives into one logical drive.
- Describe the steps needed to access the NTFS permissions for a specific folder.
- List the actions required to share a printer with users on the same network.
- State how to use file explorer to open your PC instead of quick access.
- List the steps to add folder permissions for a specific folder.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.