Configure the Start menu with tiles for applications you use often. Resize tiles, move them, delete them, and uninstall apps as desired. Add a virtual desktop, reposition icons, and change the size of the icons. Personalize the desktop and Start screen with backgrounds and colors, slide shows, and more.
- [Instructor] If you're new to Windows 10 … the interface might look a little alien to you at first. … The old Start Menu is gone, as … is the Windows 8.1 Start Screen. … There are new items you might not be familiar with, … like Tiles, and the Start Menu's … two content areas, including the Apps list. … This is what my Start Menu looks like, … and yours will look a little different. … The Desktop will look familiar, though … as nothing ever much changes there. … There's still a Taskbar, a notification, … and the Recycle Bin, and there's also a search window. … You might notice there's a new entry … on the Taskbar called Task View. … This offers access to Virtual Desktops, … something we'll touch on briefly here as well. … One of the ways to get familiar with Windows 10 … is to explore, reorganize, and customize all these areas. … When you do this, you'll learn a little about how … Windows 10 is laid out, while also … making the computer uniquely yours. … Let's take a look at the Start Menu first. …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Configure and Support Core Serviceswith Joli Ballew2h 56m Intermediate
Windows 10: Manage and Maintain Windows 10with Joli Ballew2h 29m Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.