Configure the Start menu with tiles for applications you use often. Resize tiles, move them, delete them, and uninstall apps as desired. Add a virtual desktop, reposition icons, and change the size of the icons. Personalize the desktop and Start screen with backgrounds and/or colors, slide shows, and more.
- [Instructor] If you're new to Windows 10,…the interface might look a little alien to you at first.…The Windows 7 start menu is gone,…as is the Windows 8.1 start screen.…There are new items you might not be familiar with,…likes tiles, Cortana, the start menu's two content areas,…and the All Apps option.…This is what my start menu looks like.…Yours will look a little different.…The desktop will look familiar though,…as nothing ever much changes there.…There's still a taskbar, a notification area,…and the Recycle Bin, but the Windows 8.1…hot corners are gone.…
You might notice that there's a new entry…on the taskbar for virtual desktops though,…something we'll touch on briefly here as well.…One of the ways to get familiar with Windows 10…is to explore, reorganize, and customize all these areas.…When you do this, you'll learn a little…about how Windows 10 is laid out,…while also making the computer uniquely yours.…Let's take a look at the start menu first.…When you click the start button on the taskbar,…you'll see the the start menu has two parts.…
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 10
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Provisioning with Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
4. Perform Post Installation Tasks
5. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.