Configure settings for Remote Desktop and set up a Remote Desktop session. Before connecting, configure settings such as computer and user name, connection settings, display configuration and color quality, audio settings, keyboard settings, and whether or not you'll have access to attached printers and other hardware. Configure any other settings as desired and save the profile.
- [Instructor] Enterprises offer various ways for…remote users to access company resources,…including through VPNs and virtual machines.…But sometimes a remote user needs to access…their personal work station directly,…even though they are physically away from it.…Administrators have their own reasons to access…a user's work station in this manner, too.…Sometimes to perform updates or resolve problems,…although this is not common practice.…One way to access a work station remotely…while mimicking sitting at it locally,…is through Remote Desktop.…
Remote Desktop has to be enabled in the system window…before you can configure a connection.…I talked about that in a previous movie.…If you missed it, navigate to this system window…and enable it.…You can do that by searching for…Enable Remote Desktop on the task bar.…Here's where you allow remote access to your computer.…I'll click OK now to continue.…Now you can configure the connection.…Type Remote Desktop on the task bar,…and click Remote Desktop Connection.…
In the results, click Show Options…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.