Configure settings for Remote Assistance on a Windows 10 client machine. Learn how to enable or disable Remote Assistance invitations, and once a Remote Assistance session is in progress, learn how to take control of the Remote Desktop to resolve technical problems. Explore options for sending and receiving Remote Assistance invitations.
- [Narrator] IT personnel are often asked…to perform quick fixes for users in their organization,…such as unhiding a taskbar,…helping a worker connect to a printer,…or assisting and resolving a problem with an application.…When these requests come in,…a technician has several options.…They can call the user on the phone…and walk them through the process,…physically go to the workstation,…or they can offer to help them remotely.…One remote option is remote assistance.…
I have the system window up here,…and you can see that the computer is configured…to allow these types of remote assistance sessions.…This is the default setting, but if we'd like to verify…that it's configured or access advanced properties,…type remote assistance in the search window on the taskbar,…and look at the option.…Here's your choice: allow remote assistance invitations…to be sent from this computer.…Make sure you have a check mark under remote assistance,…and click advanced.…
You can remove the option to allow…the computer to be controlled remotely,…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.