Learn how to configure Hyper-V host settings.
- [Narrator] In this video,…I want to show you some of the configuration…settings that are available for Hyper-V.…So what I'm going to do is,…I'm going to go down to Cortana…and I'm going to type Hyper-V…and when I do that, you'll notice that…in the results, we have something called…the Hyper-V Manager.…The Hyper-V Manager is the primary…management tool for Hyper-V.…So I'm going to go ahead and click on that now…and that's going to open the Hyper-V Manager console.…If you look up here on the left,…you'll notice that we've got a big, long number.…This number is actually the computer name.…If we had multiple computers connected to the…Hyper-V Manager, you would see them…all listed right here.…
But right now, we only have one computer…so that's the only one that you see.…So I'm going to go ahead and right click on this…and I'm going to go to Hyper-V settings.…So the settings that are displayed…on this dialog box are specific to this computer.…These aren't virtual machine level settings,…they're computer level settings.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.