Install the Hyper-V Manager and associated Hyper-V technologies. Explore Hyper-V Settings including but not limited to: the location of virtual hard disks and virtual machines, the GPU used, storage migration settings, whether or not to use the keyboard and mouse on the virtual machine, to use or not use Enhanced Session mode, and to reset checkboxes.
- [Instructor] If you've never created a virtual machine,…it's likely you've never used the Hyper-V Manager…available in Windows 10 Pro, Education, and Enterprise.…It's only configurable on computers that meet…the hardware requirements.…The Hyper-V Manager is where you configure the settings…for the virtual machines you create.…I talked about the requirements for supporting…Hyper-V in another video, but you can see…if the machine you're working on…has a hypervisor pretty easily.…Just open a Command prompt, and type systeminfo.exe.…
And press Enter.…You might see a list of requirements,…with Yes or No listed beside each.…But if you run systeminfo.exe on an existing…Hyper-V host, the Hyper-V requirements section…shows that a hypervisor has been detected.…Here are the Hyper-V requirements…shown on my machine.…They all answer Yes, so we're ready to go.…I'll type exit to close.…Now you'll need to install the Hyper-V tools…if you haven't already.…You can do that from the Turn Windows Features…On or Off window.…
I'll show you.…
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 10
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Provisioning with Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
4. Perform Post Installation Tasks
5. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.