Use the HomeGroup wizard to create a homegroup. Explore HomeGroup settings including how to change the password, change what folders and libraries are shared by default and with whom, and share a folder manually.
- [Instructor] Many home and small business users…have more than one computer available to them,…and want to configure sharing.…Home users often want to share photos,…movies, and music,…and business users might have that and more,…including spreadsheets, documents, and even tax information.…There might also be a printer or two,…or additional backup devices…that you'd like to make available to everyone.…To manage sharing among small groups,…Windows 10 lets you configure a home group.…Home groups have been around since Windows 7,…and have greatly reduced the headaches…previously associated with sharing data and hardware.…
Your computers will need to be connected…to a network to create a home group.…They probably already are, if only for the purpose…of sharing a single Internet connection.…But let's look at the Network and Sharing Center…to make sure.…One way is to type Network and Sharing in the task bar,…and click Network and Sharing Center in the results.…Verify that there is a network connection.…If there isn't, you'll need to click…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.